Friday, July 16, 2010

I Think I Need My Meds Adjusted

My jaw has been getting pretty tight lately which could mean that my anti-anxiety medicine isn't working the way it should be.  It could also mean that my anti-depressant has stopped doing its job correctly.  With medicines like the ones I take, they start to become ineffective after you've been on them a while.  I've currently been on my sanity cocktail for more than five years.  This is far longer than the other two medications I was on previously. 

I have been getting more and more agitated lately by the most mundane things.  Mark says I need to keep things simple but, unfortunately, that is not my way.  I freak out, I cry, I get obsessive, I get very anxious, I feel claustrophobic in relatively open spaces. 

Yesterday, I completely spazzed because when I got home from Target, I realized that I had bought regular bounty and not the select-a-size kind.  I became frantic and absolutely HAD to go back and get the right kind NOW!!!!!

When Vanessa was in the hospital and they took out the central line in her neck, the nurse put the heart covered band-aid  on upside down.  OMG! I was beside myself wanting to fix it but because of sterilization, I could not touch it.  I was so relieved when they took it off.  

And, don't even get me started on my single most OCD issue - matching.    Symmetry and grammatical correctness are close seconds.  There have been so very many times that I wanted to correct people's statuses on facebook but I stop myself because I don't want to be unfriended. I delete and rewrite mine if I see an error after I publish.  I will most likely find something in this post that bothers me and I will have to fix.

Hopefully when I see my Head Doctor next week, we can figure some things out.  But until then, its on with the crazy.

3 comments:

  1. breathe deeply until you get there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll confess that I'm a slob... but that often works to my advantage in my creative life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The thing that drives me absolutely bonkers is not having all my money facing the right way.

    We all have our crosses to bear ;) but seriously, breathe! You have so much going on right now.

    ReplyDelete